We currently have a vacancy for a Paralegal within our Work Place Injury department in our Cambridge office.
The Work Place Injuries team deal with claims arising from work place accidents or the development of occupational diseases, on behalf of claimants. This role will be to predominately focus on asbestos related disease cases.
Personal injury and illness can have a dramatic and sometimes life changing impact for the person affected and for those who are close to them. The personal injury teams at Irwin Mitchell don’t just deal with compensation claims. We also work with our clients and their families to ensure all of their rehabilitation needs are met. It’s a unique, bespoke approach that really makes a difference to people whose lives have been turned upside down by injury.
As a Paralegal you will play an integral role in the team, working together with qualified Case Handlers to provide legal support on a number of cases to deliver an outstanding client experience and progress litigation. You will be responsible for ensuring that client queries are dealt with quickly, efficiently and with empathy, taking appropriate actions. You will work independently under supervision and as part of a team to progress cases in accordance with the department’s procedures to meet agreed personal targets.
You’ll liaise regularly with a wide range of clients and medical professionals, in person, over the phone and in writing. Whether arranging meetings, seeking medical reports, chasing information, or interviewing witnesses; you’ll need to show a sensitive and professional approach at all times.
To be successful in this role you must;
• Have appropriate legal knowledge and experience to support qualified Case Handlers to progress legal cases.
• Be organised and have the ability to work quickly and accurately in a growing and demanding area of the business to meet personal targets.
• Be proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team to deliver the best outcomes for our clients.
• Have excellent client care and inter-personal skills, operating with integrity and showing empathy and intuition.
• Be comfortable using and updating a case management system. Knowledge of the Irwin Mitchell PI CMS system would be an advantage.
• Completion of Law degree and/or Legal Practice Course would be an advantage.