To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients ensuring high levels of service delivery both internally and externally whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
Individual must be an experienced Supervisor with an excellent understanding of Credit Hire litigation and demonstrable experience in a similar role, with solid litigation experience of dealing with small claims and fast track litigation. The individual must have good attention to detail and the ability to handle a busy caseload
- To proactively manage & progress a complex litigated caseload of Motor Defendant Credit Hire Insurance cases to conclusion.
- To appropriately apply the specific Credit Hire technical principles for the complexity of cases within your responsibility needed to drive the proactive settlement of the case, whilst adding value for the client.
- To have extensive knowledge of liability principles to be able to apply them appropriately to the case.
- To identify any cases which may require further investigation surrounding Fraud indicators.
- Research solutions to problems/issues on cases to develop your own technical knowledge.
- Have knowledge of and work cases in line with all client SLA's for the files within your responsibility.
- Proactive use of case management systems to improve speed of settlement and adding value to the cases, whilst adhering to client requirements.
- Prioritise and organise your work efficiently and effectively to ensure all tasks are completed to specified deadlines.
- Achieve a high standard of financial and overall file performance as identified through KPI's on the Motor Dashboard applying a best practice approach to your file handling.
- Awareness of relevant client strategies and ensure implementation of these on cases.
- Proficient of the Objective Manager system including a full suite of objectives that align to the overall team, PA & PG strategies.
- Work with the wider team to support any bid activities as appropriate.
- Complete all MI requirements on cases.
- Be an advocate for process improvement changes and contribute to adhoc projects where appropriate.
- Ensure that the Firms Values are at the forefront of everything you do.
- To undertake all training and development identified as necessary for your role.
- Conduct yourself in line with the firms behaviours framework at all times.
- To support the training and development of more junior team members being a 'go to' subject matter expert.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of running a more complex Motor Insurance Credit Hire Litigated Caseload with a proven track record of success both from a financial results and client service perspective.
- Computer literate including proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail to be able to carefully analyse files and data
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in your attitude and approach to work
- Business acumen and an understanding of the clients' needs
- Demonstrable knowledge of the importance and use of Management Information.
- The ability to build effective professional relationships both with external clients and internal colleagues.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High level of financial awareness
- Previous exposure to some coaching and development of junior team members.
- An understanding of the wider Motor personal Injury market in terms of trends, strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Previous experience of working with Visual Files case management system.
- Previous exposure to client liaison/development activities.