The paralegal will work principally with partners, associates and the trainee within the Real Estate Group and work on a range of matter as detailed below.
The main duties will include:
- Assisting on post completion matters.
- Manage deeds – scheduling of incoming deeds sending out deeds and tracking their whereabouts.
- Proof reading contracts.
- Preparing lease consents for banks
- Carrying out research as and when requested to by partners & associates.
- Preparation of standard form leases and letting packs for a portfolio of industrial properties managed by the Real Estate group
- Acting for banks in regard to redemptions.
- Dealing with clients and solicitors who are acting on the opposite side of the transaction.
The paralegal may also be asked to assist other fee earners within the department, depending on the requirements of the team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Candidates must have completed the LPC.
- Candidates need to be able to coordinate workloads in close liaison with the partners. They must demonstrate strong organisational skills and confidence in their ability to communicate with all levels of staff. They should also have good client handling skills and be able to quickly establish client relationships over the telephone.
- Candidates must have previous paralegal experience in a real estate department.