The main purpose of this role is to provide an excellent standard of secretarial support to fee earners across the specified practice.
The hours for this vacancy are 9:00-17:00.
Our Commercial Dispute Resolution Team advises companies, local authorities, SME's and professional clients on a wide range of business disputes and court proceedings. They act on numerous high value and sensitive claims for clients throughout the UK. The team are particularly experienced in the deployment of alternative dispute resolution techniques, including mediation. The work often requires urgent and accurate turnaround of documentation relating to court proceedings or pre-court claims.
• Prepare correspondence and documents from digital dictation
• Assist with departmental billing processes
• Deal with billing and accounts queries
• Prepare and create client reports
• Create new case files as appropriate
• Filing correspondence and relevant documentation retained in client files
• Respond to client queries on a day to day basis
• Prepare documents for fee earners
• Photocopying as and when required by the team
• Maintain a level of individual knowledge required for the role
• Manage fee earner diaries, booking day to day appointments and making travel arrangements
• Assist in client events as and when required
• Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
• Qualified to a minimum of 5 GCSEs (including a grade C in English and Maths) or equivalent
• A secretarial NVQ / Diploma or equivalent would be beneficial but is not essential
• Previous experience within a legal environment is essential as is a minimum typing speed of 65 WPM
• Must have good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages
• An excellent eye for detail with a concern for quality and accuracy
• A focused client service approach
• Team orientated and collaborative with a flexible, can do attitude
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
• Demonstrable ability to multitask and prioritise a full workload under pressure and the ability to work independently.