At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a litigation paralegal to join Capital One’s UK Legal team. As a litigation paralegal, you will work within the Operations and Disputes team, reporting into the head of the litigation. You will manage a case load of both pre-litigation claims and court claims, taking instructions from internal clients and engaging with external counsel where required.
This is a 6 month opportunity initially but may be extended.
As a litigation paralegal within UK Legal, you will be part of a small team that handles consumer credit related disputes received by Capital One. You will handle your own caseload, with support from senior members of the team.
Your role will include: tracking claims progression, responding to customers or their representatives, complying with the court timetable on litigated claims, drafting court documents and engaging with the wider Capital One business to obtain the necessary information about claims, advise and receive instructions. Engagement with external counsel may also be required.
● Handle a caseload of consumer credit litigation, principally in relation to payment protection insurance (both pre-litigation and litigated claims)
● Record incoming claims and track process, ensuring that claims are appropriately managed
● Work closely with relevant areas of the business to investigate claims and take instructions
Skills and Experience:
● Experience of handling litigated claims in a private practice or in-house legal team (experience of consumer credit law is preferred but not essential)
● Strong organisational skills, with the ability to use Excel to manage large amounts of information
● Strong drafting skills, both with respect to correspondence and formal court documents
● Able to learn new subject matter quickly
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks effectively
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.