We are looking for a Paralegal to join our highly respected Real Estate team in Manchester on a permanent basis. The
Specific responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Supporting and assisting the team through preparing and maintaining records.
- Responding to ad hoc requests for information from clients, document preparation and research.
- Contacting the firm’s clients, providing a high level of client service at all times.
- Exercising full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrating a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Contributing to fee-earning and non fee-earning activity as appropriate e.g. knowledge sharing, training, assisting and preparing updates for clients and the team, legal research etc…
- Building an awareness of the Firm's other services. Building effective internal and external networks.
- Handling confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- Mandarin Speaker is desirable although not essential.
- Graduate in law or law related subject with previous non-contentious Paralegal experience being desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would be an advantage.
- Excellent commercial awareness and an interest in broader business issues.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients and colleagues on day to day issues.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage tasks within set timeframes.
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Excellent IT skills, to include Word and Outlook.