This is a Group role in the Legal team working across all parts of the business, to include food, non-food and the bank. As part of a team of Paralegals, this role is to provide support to the legal team with a variety of projects and cases. You will be expected to specialise in at least 2 areas of law.
As a Paralegal, you will:
· Support, co-ordinate, and manage NDA requests
· Create process guidance notes
· Pull together documents, research legal points and information gathering across the business
· Prepare court bundles
· Draft basic legal documents, particularly where precedents are available
· Take notes of court hearings
· Support more senior legal colleagues with admin tasks
· Liaise with external law firms around invoicing and billing
· Support project teams on reviews of policies, procedures, and change programmes
· Deal with minor issues and disputes arising from third party suppliers, landlords and other counterparties;
· Ensure the legal processes in place are efficient, ensure that we are future facing with our legal technologies
· Work across the legal team and be agile in the way you work
· Work cross functionally across the business and with a range of stakeholders collaboratively
· Work with the external law firms across the legal panel, co-ordinating working groups.
· Help to organise training sessions, including organising and liaising with external law firms
· Help to maintain precedents and uploading training notes etc on SharePoint
What you need to know:
· Previous paralegal experience
· Legal qualification or ILEX
· Time management / Prioritisation skills and good attention to detail
· Helpful if had experience of Property law, Commercial Contracts, Intellectual Property, Litigation and Court Procedure, and Business Regulation.
· Good inter-personal skills and self-motivation
· Good all round communication skills, with the ability to impact and influence.