The AR team provide dedicated matter support to ensure projects are completed accurately, on time and to the clients’ satisfaction.
UK based, but able to provide global matter support.
- Occasionally expected to be on call 24/7 during busy periods.
- Member of the Business Team, working with the Practice to achieve client led deadlines.
- Possesses an eagerness to see the job through to completion and displays strong communication, ownership and time management skills.
- Sufficient gravitas and experience to work effectively with more senior colleagues including Partners, Managing Associates and Clients.
Key responsibilities and challenges
Assistance on specific projects requiring specific legal training and knowledge, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting with large artificial intelligence project – input into processes, delivering projects using technology and drafting key documents
- Work related to UK ringfencing legislation
- Compiling, managing and taking ownership of Conditions Precedent processes
- Completing company checklists
- Drafting core and auxiliary transaction documents
- Matter management support
- Pre and post closing assistance
- Preparing execution documents for signing
- Legal Research
- Taking instructions from the practice on, and completing, miscellaneous ad hoc tasks as required
Legal Technology Awareness
- Ability to use and good working knowledge of platforms and supporting technology, including post-closing assistance tools, legal research tools and due diligence platforms. Being generally technology savvy is important given that a large portion of the work will involve the use of artificial intelligence.
Assistance on specific projects requiring administrative skills and common sense, including:
- Preparing folder structures
- Copy Checking/Archiving
Point of Reference
- Provide assistance to Transaction Support Manager in the smooth running of tasks, including liaising professionally and efficiently with Lawyers and Clients on specific projects.
- Perform duties in accordance with agreed instructions / procedures.
- Report on work in progress and any service issues to Transaction Support Manager.
- Assist and provide best practice guidance to fellow paralegals and support lawyers.
- Ability to work autonomously where necessary, with a proactive and confident approach.
- Will work in all Alternative Resourcing teams, and at external client sites as and when required.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the legal market and what external factors influence it
- Anticipate and be reactive to changing client instructions and transactional requirements
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications Required
- Located within commuting distance to central London
- Ability to work within a pressurised environment
- Willingness to work long hours where there is the requirement to do so
- Strong attention to detail (especially on time consuming and repetitive tasks)
- Imaginative, highly motivated and driven to excel
- Team player but able to work autonomously where necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates strong commitment to maintaining high levels of customer service
- Approachable and willing to learn new skills and take on responsibility
- Appreciation of the culturally diverse environment in which the firm operate
Education / Qualification
- Law degree (or equivalent) and LPC/BPTC
- Strong awareness of MS office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Extremely organised - able to prioritise and manage workload
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent eye for detail and presentation
- Good office administration skills
- Quality assurance and customer service experience
- Attention to detail
- Good business acumen
- Sound understanding of legal market