This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic paralegal to join an innovative, high-growth, fast-paced and market-changing global business. Funding Circle’s multi-award winning UK legal team is looking for someone who is keen to learn and to make a real and positive contribution to our company’s continued success.
The role is varied and you will have exposure to a wide range of interesting work across the business. Working within a tightknit, friendly and experienced legal team, the key responsibilities will include:
- providing assistance to the legal team on a broad variety of legal topics, including commercial, regulatory, employment, data privacy and marketing laws;
- providing legal support to the wider the business on a wide range of business issues;
- attending meetings, preparing minutes and coordinating follow-up actions;
- preparing drafts and conducting reviews of commercial contracts, and negotiating these where appropriate;
- conducting independent legal research;
- problem solving and trouble shooting!
Required Skills & Experience:
Prior paralegal experience is welcome but not necessary. The role would equally suit LPC graduates including those waiting to start training contracts in 2020 or beyond. The successful candidate will:
- be strong academically, have a degree (2.1 or above), have passed the PgDL (if not possessing a law degree) and preferably will have completed, or be in the process of completing, the LPC;
- be dedicated to a legal career, have a keen interest in fintech and a desire to work in a fast-growing, dynamic business;
- be highly organised, have excellent time management skills and be able to meet tricky deadlines;
- learn fast and enjoy problem-solving;
- pay excellent attention to detail and take pride in written work;
- have good communication skills and the ability to develop good working relationships;
- be ambitious, flexible and willing to learn new things.