The role is to work as a Paralegal within the Enforcement, Disputes and Recoveries Litigation Team. The successful candidate will deal with a varied caseload of litigated and pre-litigated matters from both a Claimant and Defendant perspective and may be expected to work in any of the teams within the CSG Property team.
The candidate will be asked to undertake:
- Enforcement of Judgments and Court Orders
- Fraud recoveries
- Misrepresentation / Mistaken payments
- Recovery of overpayments / duplicate payments
- Policyholder recoveries
- Breach of contract matters
- Debt recoveries
- Insolvency / bankruptcy
The candidate will:
- Hold demonstrable debt recovery experience and / or relevant Civil Litigation experience.
- Experience in Insolvency would be advantageous but is not compulsory.
- Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft LLP protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
- Handle their own case load, including negotiating quantum and settlement of damages with third parties
- Obtain witness statements; contact relevant parties to obtain salient documents; draft letters of claim, issue proceedings, and instruct Counsel/experts to progress a file.
- Draft interim applications and attend Court if necessary.