We are looking for a Legal PA who can demonstrate secretarial and administrative competencies to the highest level.
You will provide first class administrative support and secretarial service to a number of fee-earners such as Partners, Associates, Trainees and other work providers.
You will be supporting the Legal Support Team Leader's in ensuring a high level of client service and provision of quality secretarial services in order to contribute to a world class 24 hour administration service.
We place an important emphasis on the development and well being of our people. We look to enable all of our employees to be the best they can be in order for them to deliver an excellent client service. We provide a specifically tailored Learning & Development Programme for all staff in Secretarial Services, a structured induction programme for all of our new joiners, a buddy scheme, and offer excellent career development opportunities. Our Secretarial Services staff enjoy an inclusive and supportive culture.
- To support fee earner administrative activities (for example, bundling, indexing, general organization etc.)
- To support client activities and requirements in a proactive manner, liaising with clients e.g. take messages, pass on information, deal with simple queries, meet and greet and client events
- To prepare client registration documents, engagement/assignment letters, conflicts checks, money laundering and audit Letters, with direction from partner/fee earner
- To manage the production of all documents (even those not typed personally) from initiation to delivery back to the relevant fee earner, involving Document Specialists as required
- To ensure documents returned to fee earner accurately reflect the original request before returning work, including proofreading the document, checking spelling, grammar, sense, amendments and presentation
- To undertake general filing administration, liaising with Filing Administrator as appropriate
- To pro-actively manage diaries, arrange meetings
- To undertake e-mail management (manage inbox and file e-mails), ensuring that urgent emails are promptly picked up by fee earners, or forwarded to another fee earner in their absence
- To undertake limited typing i.e. urgent short documents (digital and non digital dictation)
- To make travel arrangements (visas, flights, hotels, dinners)
- To work collaboratively with other secretarial support for the Department, to provide a responsive and professional secretarial support service to fee earners and clients
- To ensure that there is comprehensive telephone cover across the department, in accordance with the standard operating procedure
- To organize and liaise with Filing Administrators for routine administration tasks and the Document Support Unit for document production/amendments
- To provide personal support (non BM related), subject to PA's discretion
- To maintain CRM by updating InterAction and maintaining fee earner contact list
- To support Marketing and BD administration e.g. prepare pitch documents, arrange marketing events, ad hoc research
- To support billing processes and timesheets
- To coordinate Training administration e.g. book rooms/refreshments, arrange printing of slides and materials, ensure equipment and room set up, create attendance sheet and collect signatures for CPD purposes, liaising with L&D Team
- To support less experienced members of the team e.g. mentoring or buddying
- To work in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures