We have a fantastic opportunity for a Paralegal to join our Court of Protection department in our Birmingham office.
The Court of Protection is the judicial body in England and Wales responsible for managing the affairs, assets
The team has a strong reputation in dealing with the full range of Court of Protection services including deputyship services, gifts, Enduring & Lasting Powers of Attorney and replacing deputyships with private trusts. We have dedicated departments located in Newcastle, Leeds, Southampton, Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge and London that provide a specialist nationwide service. Our
As a Paralegal, you’ll carry out case handling duties, helping other case handlers to progress cases to court. This is a busy and demanding role, where duties are diverse and no two days are the same. You’ll be carrying out various tasks such as research, and preparation of legal documents within set guidelines. To meet your monthly targets you’ll need to be experienced in multi-tasking and keeping to tight deadlines. Whilst planning and
To be successful in this role you must:
• Have appropriate legal knowledge and experience to support qualified Case Handlers to progress legal cases.
• Be proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team to deliver the best outcomes for our clients.
• Be able to produce high quality written work.
• Have excellent client care and inter-personal skills, operating with integrity and showing empathy and intuition.
• Be comfortable using new IT systems.
• Completion of Law degree and/or Legal Practice Course would be an advantage;