The Norton Rose Fulbright Global Dispute Resolution Group is one of the first choice practices for the complex, high-value international work of global corporations and financial institutions. We have particular expertise in financial services, insurance, energy and infrastructure, construction, and transport (which includes our market-leading shipping and aviation practices).
- Legal and factual research.
- Electronic document management (structuring folders and sub-folders for matter-centric working in the DMS, setting up and managing deal rooms, setting up and managing data rooms, establishing electronic filing standards in accordance with our firm’s best practice, electronic bibles).
- Hard copy document management, (execution of documents, setting up and managing data rooms, deeds management, bibles, assembling documents for regulatory purposes).
- Assisting in setting up project plans, monitoring and updating plans.
- Assisting in carrying out searches, collating regulatory filings, submissions and reviewing results of searches.
- Attending meetings and minuting/noting actions and following up.
- Collating comments received from the other side/our clients, assisting in carrying amendments through in to documents, and proof reading.
- Such other tasks as may be required.
Skills and Experience Required
- Evidence of previous paralegal experience, ideally gained within a City Law Firm.
- Must have LLB Law (or non law) Degree and either passed the CPE, LPC, BVC or LLM or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a fast paced professional services environment.
- Experience across one or more disciplines is desirable.
- High levels of computer literacy and competence.
- Proven forward planning skills and the ability to manage own workload and prioritise workloads effectively.
- Research skills, particularly internet research.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and a flexible approach to working hours.
- Excellent personal presentation, articulate and professional.
- Positive, committed and prepared to use initiative and learn.
- Ability to take responsibility.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Good attention to detail and problem solver.