The key aspects of the role are:
• Assisting with the administration of the firm’s corporate secretarial arrangements.
• Assisting with audit enquiries regarding clients of the firm.
• Supporting the in-house lawyers with all of their work.
• Advising on procurement contracts not dealt with by the in-house lawyers.
• Ensuring that requirements relating to practising certificate renewal and other aspects of regulatory compliance for the global firm are carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
• Contributing to the maintenance of, and assisting in the development of, policies concerning risk management and regulatory compliance.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• A law degree to 2:1 level and/or LPC.
• High degree of initiative and willingness to learn.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Previous experience as a paralegal in a corporate/commercial team or a risk and compliance role.
Summary of the team’s role
• Dealing with proposed changes to the group structure, including the opening of new offices and corporate restructurings;
• Providing the firm's corporate secretariat, including dealing with procedural and other formalities relating to the firm's corporate group structure, inter-company agreements and other relevant procedural requirements;
• Supporting the firm in the development of its Advanced Delivery strategy, including as regards legal technology and innovation;
• Dealing with and advising on the firm’s complex commercial contract arrangements;
• Handling matters concerning A&O's regulatory and compliance obligations, including contact with the regulators;
• Handling A&O's professional indemnity claims and dealing with the firm's professional indemnity insurance brokers and underwriters;
• Liaising with the firm's senior management on the conduct of any necessary investigations and inquiries, including relating to any regulatory and HR issues; and
• Acting as a leader of the firm's management of legal and operational risk and enhancing the management of risk throughout the firm.