Department/ Role Overview:
Manage a team of BAs working on process improvement and transformation to shared services programme ensuring they follow the agreed methodology and share best practice.
Help improve the methodology or develop additional models where required.
Provide a cross-functional view of the design and support the Service Designer and IT Architects in the creation of the detailed Target Operating Model. Support the build, test and implementation of the target operating model.
Must be willing to be hands on when required and participate in design work.
- Provide leadership to a team of Business Analysts working on different workstreams and bring them together as a team
- Interview and onboard new BAs ensuring they all follow the same ways of working: use the same models, etc.
- Help define models where required and improve or adapt the methodology
- Coach more junior Bas
- The business analyst team is focusing on the improvement of specific processes. The service designer will be looking across all processes and working to identify, design and deliver cross-functional service solutions using a customer centric approach. The Lead BA will work with them and IT Architecture to define the detailed target operating model and see it through to implementation.
Hands On Work
The lead BA must be willing to be hands on and perform the duties of a BA when required:
- Capturing of As-Is processes along with all controls, inputs, outputs and costs.
- Development of workable To-Be processes that deliver efficiencies, cost savings and global standardisation of working practice
- Conduct meetings and workshops to capture functional requirements and verifying with user representatives / stakeholders
- Support the creation of business procedures and related user documentation, including training materials
- Close liaison with technology teams to automate processes wherever beneficial to do so
- Identification of, and close liaison with, stakeholders to understand business needs
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Significant demonstrable experience as a business analyst working on process mapping and streamlining with a proven track record of successfully implementing business process efficiencies for a global business operations function within a professional services company, ideally a law firm
- Previous experience of managing and leading teams of business analysts
- A formal qualification in Business Analysis e.g ISEB
- Management experience
- Demonstrable experience of a transformation to shared services or of having work in an business process outsourcing environment or having built detailed target operating models
- Demonstrable experience of working on complex, large-scale business transformation
- Background in global organisations and projects with multi-country implementation
- Organised and able to prioritise diverse workload and meet deadlines
- Works within a structured project framework reporting to project managers on delivery
- Able to manage and work collaboratively and effectively with teams remotely in a global context
- Good attention to detail whilst being a logical thinker, clear communicator and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Very proficient in use of MS Office tools (especially Visio, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Able to liaise at a senior level within the firm
- Able to challenge and motivate others
- Tactful and diplomatic when in pressured situations
- Uses initiative – 'can do' approach
- Client focused
Desired skills and experience
- Preferred, but not required - familiarity with some or all of the following:
- Practice management systems (Intapp Open, 3e)
- Finance systems (3e)
- HR systems
- Bids automation systems