The Freshfields Hub provides transactional, regulatory and risk case support to the global firm, using established processes and procedures to ensure consistent and high quality work.
The senior DR legal solutions specialist (SDRLSS) role is responsible for providing senior support and experience on dispute resolution mandates from the fee earners and our external clients. The SDRLSS will work closely with Legal Solutions Managers, DR ringfenced manger and Hub DR Associates to help lead and coordinate the Freshfields client mandates for which they are responsible, from across the global firm. This may also require coordinating resource across the Freshfield Hubs where languages and resource requires. In addition to the delivery of mandates, the SDRLSS will monitor the activities of junior LSSs working on DR matters and provide feedback on those LSSs within the Freshfields Hubs as part of their personal development.
The SDRLSS will act as solution champion for existing and new DR solutions introduced to the Freshfield Hubs which are harnessing legal technology to improve quality and efficiency of the service we provide. The role will assist with the coordination, implementation, running of training and marking activities.
The role of the SDRLSS is to bring experience and knowledge to DR matter teams by being a role model for the junior LSSs. Professional behaviours, accountability, broad expereince and a positive can-do attitude are essential attributes for a SDRLSS.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
The Senior DR Legal Solution Specialist will act as a "lead LSS" in all of the DR transactional or non-transactional teams to which they are assigned as well as forming part of the resource in the Hub Manchester for all matters that are incoming, where business need, capacity and capability requires.
In the delivery of large scale projects, with guidance from the Legal Solutions Manager, the SDRLSS will take the position of lead and coordinate the team, assigning out key roles for allocation and quality control to deliver work in a wide range of areas.
In addition to the mandate support and delivery, the SDRLSS will also
- Work alongside the LSMs and WA team as a key point of contact for fee earners requesting DR work to be carried out by Legal Solution Specialists;
- Provide input based on experience on the best practices for delivering DR matters;
- Arrange briefing calls at the start of mandate and ensure the matter team are prepared for the call to make the best first impression;
- Oversee the workload of the mandate team in line with deadlines;
- Assure the quality and consistency of the work delivered by their team by coordinating training and completing quality control reviews of work as necessary;
- Assisting the Legal Solutions Manager with the project tracking, calculation of run rates and providing constructive feedback on quality of work to LSSs;
- Ensure that fee earner expectations are managed and facilitating a smooth flow of work between their team and fee earners to ensure seamless end-to-end delivery;
- Coach and improve the knowledge of LSSs and act as subject expert in their field of expertise; and
- Act as a point of escalation on mandates with LSSs, reverting to LSMs as appropriate.
- Assist Product Development with the creation and future amendment of guidance materials to support solutions; and
- Champion the roll-out of tech-enabled solutions.
Candidates have completed the LPC or BPTC or be overseas qualified, or equivalent;
Previous paralegal experience (particularly in the areas of finance, corporate, litigation/arbitration and competition law).
Experience of working with and supervising/leading DR paralegals ;
Proven experience in a range of DR matters;
Strong project management skills;
Strong computer skills and experience in using MS Office tools (in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer);
Experience in the functionality of review platforms such as Relativity, HighQ, Kroll etc.
Experience of using document management systems;
Experience of using different data room providers, Artificial Intelligence and document review platforms.