6 month FTC
Real Estate Finance
Purpose of job:
Providing support to the Real Estate Finance team including reporting to clients, drafting from precedent documents and project specific work.
What’s in it for you?
Our Real Estate Finance team is the leading specialist team in the UK. Focussed on the funding of domestic and international real estate in all its forms, we act for the leading financial institutions, investors, developers and funds. We are active in all sectors of the global real estate finance market including investment, development and structured financings, originations for CMBS and principal financing. We work closely with senior lenders and mezzanine financiers and we have one of the leading syndication, sell down and A/B practices.
Consistently acknowledged by independent commentators as one of the leading real estate finance practices, we offer expertise and delivery of service that is second to none.
This is a great opportunity for a Paralegal to build up their real estate finance knowledge as well as further develop their commercial skills and awareness. You will be exposed to high-quality finance and banking matters.
- Assisting with running and managing conditions precedent on large transactions
- Assisting with post completion tasks, including security registrations, and general administration
- Coordinating reports to clients, chasing internal teams on cross-departmental projects and sending out reports
- Organising internal team meetings, agendas, keeping minutes of meetings and liaising with either fee-earners
- Carrying out Companies House searches, completion searches and assisting with signing meetings
- Keeping client sites (internal) up to date to support client team – e.g. press news, procedural changes, team changes
- Creating and maintaining client extranets – creating logins, uploading BLP and other documents, organising folders, keeping extranet up to date with BLP deeds
- Running release of security files (following training)
- Drafting from precedent documents and compiling client know how
REF Partners and Associates
Experience and knowledge
- Minimum of 3 A Levels (or equivalent) at grade B or above – essential
- Law degree (minimum of 2.1) or GDL – essential
- Proven track record of understanding the importance of excellent service delivery to clients – essential
- LPC – desirable
- Previous transactional experience as a Paralegal – desirable
- Skills and competencies Organised with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong client relationship and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Determination to complete work to the highest quality with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Attention to deal
- Calm under pressure
- Ability and willingness to turn work around quickly and sometimes work outside of standard hours