In February 2018 Clifford Chance acquired the Newcastle business of CAS, Carillion Advice Services, an award-winning provider of paralegal and commodity managed legal services. The team in Newcastle is the perfect complement to the firm's work, ensuring that knowledge, resources, processes, and technology are deployed effectively to support our clients. Their skills and expertise are already in great demand, so we are looking to recruit additional people to join the highly experienced, innovative and client-centric team in Newcastle.
The Paralegals work in teams alongside Senior Paralegals and Operations Managers and will work on a range of transactions. You will be required to give support on all aspects of the delivery of a project to support the referring practice from CC London.
As a paralegal, you will work under the supervision of the instructing lawyer (primarily based in London) and the department's Senior Paralegals and Operations Managers.
You will undertake a multitude of tasks for several practice areas including Finance and Capital Markets, Corporate, Real Estate, and Litigation & Dispute Resolution;
- Preparing precedents
- Verifying prospectuses and investor presentation
- Drafting transaction documents and due diligence
- Pre and post-completion work and due diligence
- Assisting with collation and preparation of conditions precedent
- Contract reviews
- Scheduling and billing
- Proofreading/checking cross-referencing
- You will be using the latest legal technology to support service delivery including Kira, High Q, Relativity and Contract Companion
- Other administrative tasks as and when required
The candidate will possess the following skills;
- Strong academics and ideally will be a graduate
- Ideally previous paralegal experience or experience of working within a legal environment
- Familiarity with UK and EU law, or the ability to become familiar;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good research capabilities and detail oriented;
- Proactive and forward thinking;
- Flexibility and willingness to learn;
- Organised and efficient - ability to meet a daily publication deadline;
- Proficient in applying and using a range of technology