The Birmingham legal team are looking to hire an experienced Banking Paralegal. This exciting role offers transactional corporate and business banking instructions from across both Barclays International (“BI”) and Barclays UK (“BUK”), primarily relating to debt, security and cash management. This role offers exceptional career development opportunities to the successful candidate.
• Contributing towards the efficient and effective operation of the team and identifying ways to improve the team’s processes and delivery of legal support through, the development of shared expertise, playbooks, professional standards, templates, practices
• Supporting the operational/administrative elements of the role, which may include management of inboxes, team governance frameworks
• Maintaining knowledge of relevant law and regulations, group policies and products.
• Supporting the education and training of teams within legal, compliance and business areas on relevant legal risk issues and developments.
• Hands-on relevant banking paralegal/other legal experience gained either with a law firm or financial institution.
• Experience in as many of the coverage areas mentioned above as possible.
• Interest in banking and the desire to develop a career in this field.
• Commercially, business and risk aware. Knows limits and when (and how) to ask for help or escalate. Understands internal and external business context.
• Graduate or equivalent. Legal education preferred.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.