Who we're looking for
You’ll be flexible and willing to learn. Able to take every challenge in their stride - responding quickly and acting proactively. Previous litigation experience would be preferable but not essential.
As a minimum you’ll have;
• Law degree, ILEX or equivalent training
• Thorough knowledge of legal research tools and sources
• High level of computer literacy
• Proven ability to effectively manage a busy workload and cope under pressure
• Excellent diary management
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a professional manner
• Team Player
• High levels of initiative
• Willingness to learn
What you'll be doing
In this key role, you’ll provide crucial support to the legal advisors within Legal. You will be required to manage a case load of court claims, under the supervision of other lawyers within the Legal team. You will also be expected to take on a wide range of ad-hoc legal and administrative duties, from researching relevant legislation, case law and articles and making solid recommendations based on your findings, to providing advisors with the information they require in order to deliver accurate legal advice across the group. It also means assisting with the drafting, negotiating and advising of internal legal issues, as well as preparing for court hearings – putting together documents, disclosure bundles and witness statements. It’s a vital role that calls for plenty of legal knowledge; a role that’s as rewarding as it is challenging.