You'll have practical and theoretical knowledge of the areas of law covered by the team, you’ll be flexible, and be able to take every challenge in their stride - responding quickly and acting proactively.
Previous experience of working and advising in-house or in private practice would be beneficial but not essential. As a minimum you’ll have:
• Law degree, ILEX or equivalent training
• Thorough knowledge of legal research tools and sources
• High level of computer literacy
• Proven ability to effectively manage a busy workload and cope under pressure
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a professional manner
• Team Player
• High levels of initiative
• Willingness to learn
In this key role, you’ll provide crucial support to the lawyers within our Retail Legal Team, who advise our product teams, including Current Account, Mortgages, Savings, Credit Card and Personal Loans as well as our colleagues in Property, Digital, Payments and more. You’ll also support our other legal teams on occasion.
That means taking on a wide range of ad-hoc legal and administrative duties on a wide range of subjects, from researching relevant legislation, case law