A Professional Support Legal Assistant assisting and reporting to the practice PSLs (the “PSLs”) and the Director of Professional Support and supervised by the Central PSLA.
Our Functional Area
Every minute of the day, a White & Case lawyer is practicing law somewhere in the world. Our global Knowledge team helps our lawyers practice efficiently today, and we also design better ways to practice in the future.
Across five different teams (Professional Support, Research & Information Services, Practice Technology, Records & Information Governance, Knowledge Systems and Knowledge Operations), we support our lawyers to deliver elite legal and best-in-class client service. We contribute directly to the Firm’s 2020 vision for profitable growth and play an active part in enhancing the Firm’s reputation.
Our work includes stewarding and championing the latest legal, client and market knowledge to providing front-line support for our practice teams. We deliver training and provide resources, and enable our mobile workforce to serve clients wherever they are. Alongside our lawyers, we share a commitment to delivering a first-class work product. For every matter and across every project, we strive to provide the most up to date information and research. We proactively look for efficient technical solutions and offer meticulous matter management and record keeping.
Drawing on our substantial experience, know-how and wide-ranging market insights, we are a hub of excellence at the heart of the Firm’s global operations.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide administrative support in respect of training programmes run by the PSLs;
- Draft and assist with editing contributions to the monthly practice group current awareness bulletins;
- Provide direct support to individual practitioners to assist them with locating practice-related internal and external knowledge resources;
- Maintain the knowledge-related aspects of the PSLs’s resources on Connect (Firm’s Intranet);
- Support the updating and maintenance of English Law Standard Forms and Practice Notes;
- Conduct basic research on legal developments or new areas of law relevant to the PSLs;
- Participate in regular meetings of the Professional Support function and Knowledge Department and liaise with other PSLs/PSLAs to facilitate the sharing of best practice and knowledge;
- Assist in the implementation of wider Knowledge Department and Professional Support initiatives and projects and provide other project support to the PSLs as may be assigned by the Director of Professional Support.
- High professional standards
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing and drafting skills
- Well-developed organisational and communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels
- Strong search and research skills
- Pragmatic, self-motivated, flexible and able to work both in team and individually as required
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as and when required
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office, ideally experience of iManage/document management systems.
- Degree educated plus LPC.
- Preference for their having secured a training contract for 2019/20.
Location and Reporting
- This role is based in London
- This role reports to Director of Professional Support
The Firm may modify and amend this job description at any time at its sole discretion. Nothing herein creates a contract of employment or otherwise modifies the at-will nature of employment.
The above is a general description of the essential duties associated with this position and does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all duties.