We currently have an immediate vacancy for an experienced paralegal to join our team on a 6 month FTC, in London. The candidate will become fully immersed within banking and finance as well as the wider financial industry group, to assist in all types of paralegal support and administration.
Significant experience in a paralegal role within the legal Banking and Finance sector required.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to develop their skills within a busy and varied role.
Reed Smith is a global law firm with more than 1,800 lawyers in 26 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
Operating as one global partnership, we represent leading international businesses from FTSE 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises; advising clients on cross border transactions, international commercial disputes and regulation. We specialise in industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, energy and natural resources, advertising, technology and media, shipping and real estate.
We all share a common culture, with core values supporting the firm’s commitment to add value, achieve excellence, and promote professional development.
London is our largest office with approximately 600 people, including over 300 fee earners across the full range of commercial practice areas. Consistent with the firm’s strategy, the office has grown significantly over the past five years. Key to this growth has been our ability to successfully integrate new hires into our business and give them a platform to flourish. We place a huge significance on listening to our people and incorporating their ideas wherever possible.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Case and transaction management e.g. drafting, collating, proof reading and reviewing documents for accuracy
- File opening, file management and invoicing
- Researching points of law and other factual issues, through the use of databases and other appropriate sources
- Assisting with closings and other related tasks
- Attendance at and taking notes during client and team meetings
- Provide back up support to the wider department in the project management of larger finance transactions
- Liaise with colleagues in other Reed Smith offices on multi-jurisdictional projects
- Assisting with ad hoc administrative and legal tasks under instruction, as required
Key Skills and Experience
- A qualification in law e.g. LLB, GDL or LPC
- Previous relevant experience or a genuine interest in structured finance
- Dynamic and driven individual with initiative and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise to work to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Good team-working skills, with confidence to work independently when required
- Good IT skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet Explorer