To provide Partners with effective, pro-active professional and high quality PA support that enables them to focus on providing legal services to clients. It is a key requirement that the PA is able to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills and an ability to use their initiative at all times. They will be an integral part of a busy department and will need to interact daily with Partners, fee earners and clients to understand ever changing needs and have the ability to prioritise workloads and liaise with Team Assistants, external outsourcing typing provider and other support functions to ensure timely delivery.
- Proactively manage and maintain Partner diaries, making appointments and co-ordinating internal and external client meetings and ensure all work activities are scheduled effectively, including the identification and resolution of potential challenges and clashes.
- Arrange the booking of meeting rooms, video conference facilities, refreshments, restaurants, taxis etc. and liaise with internal and external meeting attendees.
- Management of Partners' inboxes when they are out of the office and monitoring and responding to post/emails, prioritising correspondence to enable Partners to focus on urgent matters and using initiative to route emails to the appropriate individuals for swift response and action; wherever possible, responding to and filing emails in to Filesite.
- Responding and dealing with external or internal telephone calls and queries in a professional manner, taking clear and concise messages.
- Manage the workflow to our external outsourcing typing provider ensuring dictations and documents are submitted and returned in a timely manner.
- Proof reading all work to ensure consistent accuracy and high standard.
- Typing and drafting where appropriate anything our external outsourcing typing provider is unable to undertake including amending documents using track changes.
- Preparation of proformas and finance requests e.g. Chaps payments.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the end-to-end billing process and Elite financial reporting; assisting Partners/fee earners by liaising with the billing team, producing the relevant documentation and reports, and prompting Partners/fee earners to complete all necessary paperwork etc.
- Produce engrossed documents and appendices etc. (or delegate to a Team Assistant or Paralegal).
- Undertaking property searches (TM Group/Land Registry), in particular apply for title documents, general searches, index map search (whole or part of land) and apply for office copy entries)
- Preparation of agendas, presentations and meeting papers, including print production and timely distribution and chasing papers for meetings and ensuring that Partners/fee earners have papers and adequate planning time.
- Ensuring BD is fully informed of any BD activities and updating the schedules as required.
- Where applicable, ensuring travel arrangements are made through the correct channels, producing detailed itineraries and ensuring expense claims are completed; organise any client entertainment for any internal or small external events and liaising with BD.
- Where necessary, complete and file SDLT, Companies House and Land Registry searches and applications, and deal with basic requisitions that arise with all of these.
- Where required, prepare draft completion statements and financial statements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of solicitors accounts rules to assist Partners with financial book keeping.
- Support to other PAs where required, especially during any absence.
Delegating and managing day to day administrative tasks to the Team Assistant, or undertaking personally:
- Small volume printing/photocopying and scanning, with delivery/collection of large volume of photocopying and scanning and couriers to Repro team.
- File opening and closure, following compliance rules.
- Typing of standard letters i.e. payment of invoices, acceptance of events.
- Collating and indexing legal documentation, deeds scheduling and deeds management.
- Ensuring any paper filing required is kept up to date.
- Undertaking research using the internet, databases etc.