At Nationwide, our legal teams are key to ensuring we operate with integrity and stability, taking responsibility for issues that ultimately have an impact on each and every one of our members. As a result, you’ll have an incredibly important role to play.
You'll have practical and theoretical knowledge of the areas of law covered by the team, you’ll be flexible, and be able to take every challenge in your stride - responding quickly and acting proactively.
As a minimum you’ll have;
• Law degree or
• Thorough knowledge of legal research tools and sources
• High attention to detail
• High level of computer literacy
• Proven ability to effectively manage a busy workload and cope under pressure
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Team Player
• High levels of initiative
• Willingness to learn
• Excellent Transaction management and
• Previous work experience as a paralegal
In this key role, you’ll provide crucial support to the senior counsel within Group legal with a particular focus on Treasury across the full range of Nationwide's wholesale funding programmes including
• researching relevant legislation and new regulations, case law and articles and making solid recommendations based on your findings,
• providing the lawyers with the information they require in order to deliver accurate legal advice.
• assisting with the review drafting and negotiation of agreements, as well as preparing transaction documents for execution.
It’s a vital role that calls for plenty of legal knowledge, a practical approach with commercial acumen; a role that’s as rewarding as it is challenging.