- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience working as a paralegal or legal assistant, including experience with complex electronic discovery, internet technology and patent litigation, regulatory investigations and general litigation.
- Knowledge of privacy, data protection, copyright and patent law.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure; flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters.
- Ability to maintain a positive, constructive attitude in ambiguous situations and to manage complexity and high pressure in a productive manner.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to review and organize numerous documents in complex legal matters.
- Ability to speak and write in German fluently and idiomatically.
As a Legal Specialist, you are a driving force behind the success of your Legal team, ready to roll up your sleeves to create and improve processes, maintain records, conduct legal research and coordinate communications across the team and beyond. As you closely support your team, you will find yourself working with multiple groups within the Legal Department, internal clients across Google, and external parties.
You'll join our International Litigation team to assist in-house lawyers with contentious matters, general litigation, patent litigation, enquiries and other processes. You will also assist with the creation and maintenance of internal legal team knowledge resources and operational processes. You will prioritize and manage numerous tasks concurrently, while also paying careful attention to the details.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Provide support for International contentious matters including general litigation and patent litigation, assist with case management, reporting and tracking tasks. Assist with factual investigations to respond to threats and/or active litigation.
- Help manage various legal enquiries and support internal projects, including; identifying appropriate contacts, arranging information retrieval, ensuring efficiency, and following up with people and tasks as necessary. Arrange and support basic translation services for key materials.
- Ensure the smooth running of everyday matters and logistics, collaborate with the litigation team, as well as other groups at Google, to ensure our internal systems work well for our requirements, and create and maintain internal resources to increase team efficiency, effective collaboration and information sharing.
- Act as a point of contact internally and externally by co-ordinating and actively participating in meetings and ensure that relevant external consultants and contractors are trained and up to speed for required work streams.
- Supervise document retrieval, liaise with Discovery team, and coordinate with external legal counsel on litigation matters and specific assignments.