|Main Purpose of the Job
To offer assistance to the employment team and handle a caseload of, principally, contentious employment work.
|Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working as part of the employment team your responsibilities will include:
- Running your own caseload of contentious employment matters.
- Using a case management system to ensure that matters are progressed quickly and efficiently.
- Drafting relevant Tribunal documentation.
- Checking, proof reading, preparing and, where necessary, amending documentation.
- Assisting qualified lawyers within the team, where appropriate, on more complex disputes.
- Liaising with clients and counsel on the progress of matters.
- Compliance and billing duties, using the firm’s finance system CMS, to open and close files, archive files and prepare billing guides.
- Drafting and negotiating simple but bespoke settlement agreements and assisting lawyers with more complex agreements.
- Any other reasonable duties delegated by a senior member of the team
|Key skills and experience
- Sound technical / theoretical knowledge of employment law.
- Experience of handling a caseload of contentious employment work.
- Experience of using a case-management system, ideally in relation to employment law related work.
- Experience of working in a legal or other business environment.
- Experience of dealing with clients either on their own initiative or as part of a team on more complex work.
- Experience of handling high volume litigation work would be advantageous.
- Undertaken and, ideally, completed the Legal Practice Course or the Bar Vocational Course.
- Team player
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound, basic drafting skills