Our well-established Bristol Employment team is looking for a paralegal due to a recent training contract promotion within the team. You will be supporting key client teams in respect of a high number of employment tribunal claims and the management information/reporting requirements in respect of these.
This role will also involve some administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of our internal people pool so candidates with good/previous administration experience would be highly desirable.
For the right candidate, the role could include opportunities such as:
• Undertaking a wide range of document management activities, including collating and working on an initial assessment of documents
• Considering evidence to establish relevant witnesses and checking availability, and drafting basic witness statements
• Assisting with drafting and lodging defences to claims
• Drafting agendas and lists of issues for case management discussions
• Considering directions and complying eg preparing disclosure lists and liaising with other side to agree upon a hearing bundle
• Drafting counter schedules of loss
• Drafting COT3s in advance of settlement and liaising with other side to agree COT3 wording in pursuance of settlement
• Drafting briefs to counsel and liaising with barristers and clerks
• Drafting applications to Employment Tribunals and liaising with Tribunals
• Drafting costs applications and preparing schedules of costs
• Regular liaison with other paralegals, trainees and lawyers to ensure the efficient management of caseloads and deadlines
• Previous experience of working as a paralegal and/or working on an HR helpline
• Previous experience of handling employee relations issues either in an HR or legal capacity
• A confident communicator. Able to deal effectively with internal and external contacts in both verbal and written communication in a clear concise and friendly manner
• An eye for quality and sound IT skills
• A flexible and self-motivated team player
• Graduate in law or related subject/CPE
The Employment and Pensions Group at DAC Beachcroft LLP is one of the largest teams in the UK with over 110 fee earners and 17 Partners. The Bristol team currently consists of 3 partners, 4 associates, 11 solicitors and 3 paralegals. The team advises public, private and third sector employers on human resource issues from daily personnel matters, including disciplinary and grievance issues, to strategic management issues such as collective redundancy programmes, industrial action, transfers of employees both within and outside the UK. The Group handles approximately 2,000 Employment Tribunal claims per annum.