We have an opportunity for a strong, experienced, highly effective, confident Legal PA to join the LAIE team supporting one of the Practice Group Leader’s. You will be responsible for complex diary, travel and email management as well as managing highly confidential documentation in relation to Board and International matters. You will be expected to build relationships with internal and external clients and handle all issues in a professional and calm manner.
Other tasks will include, but are not limited to;
- Collating documentation for meetings and circulating agendas in advance; carrying out research as may be required
- Booking attendance at conferences/seminars (including national and international travel) and organising trip itineraries and logistics
- Acting as 1st-Line IT support for any basic IT queries raised by fee-earners
- Printing of agendas, presentations and meetings papers specific to allocated partners/fee-earners
- Working with the Business Development Team as required, to include helping produce tenders, credential sheets, events, pitches etc as well as small marketing events
- Coaching and mentoring of more junior team members including Junior Secretaries, Float Secretaries and Administrators
As a Legal PA have the ability to hit the ground running, be able to work on your initiative and feel confident to manage projects with little instruction. You will be expected to have excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to adapt your communication style whether it is to support clients or your team members.
You will need to be flexible and adaptable to support the style of your partner and client demands.
We are looking for a pro-active, enthusiastic PA with high levels of IT literacy, superb attention to detail and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
About the role
The partner you will be supporting has a very busy role and so relies on their PA to manage their diary on a daily basis, anticipating conflicts and acting as a gatekeeper at all times. Whilst undertaking board and management duties the partner is also involved in BD initiatives, including a client related initiative which involves liaising with various external contacts at all levels. As this is such an integral part of the partner’s role, you will need to be confident liaising with external and internal contacts, particularly on a client-facing level, to help build relationships both externally and internally. You will need to use your initiative and be proactive at all times, assisting the partner where possible to ensure that projects are actioned and moved forward in a productive and effective way.
The partner’s role also involves complex travel and so you will need to be confident navigating travel arrangements, including sourcing flights and accommodation that is suitable, coordinating with other PAs and stakeholders where required to ensure the trips are managed and planned effectively to ensure smooth running.