To act as PA / Legal Secretary to the Partners in the department, and provide assistance to other solicitor(s) in the team. This role will require someone with exceptional Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills, plenty of initiative, commitment and flexibility who can work as part of a team.
- To undertake all typing requirements and dictation via Big Hand
- To type and prepare all legal documents as necessary to a high standard using advanced word skills including, auto numbering and formatting, footnotes, table of contents, cross references and compare and redline.
- To assist in such administrative duties as may be required from time to time.
- To maintain total confidentiality over all aspects of work being undertaken.
- To arrange meetings and schedule diaries as required.
- To make and receive telephone calls as required ensuring all messages are relayed quickly and accurately.
- To become familiar with all clients and files so as to be able to know with ease to which file a client is referring, what the client’s business is and to have a good understanding of what its most urgent current projects are.
- Undertake searches and complete property searches as required.
- To set-up and maintain files in an orderly, coherent and up to date manner and ensure file maintenance and compliance.
- To obtain billing guides and prepare bills and maintain billing and accounts data for the Partner/Fee Earner(s).
- Liaise with clients and book meeting rooms and car parking as required
- Assist and co-ordinate any marketing initiatives, prepare PowerPoint presentations as required and liaise with the Head Office Marketing team as required. Maintain the CRM database.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.