• Acting as a first point of contact for designated clients.
• Resolving general accounting matters / issuing bills.
• Building relationships with client contacts at all levels (due to the nature of the work, contacts range from in house legal teams to production departments, human resources teams, line managers etc)
• Day to day responsibilities will include but is not limited to the following:-
Analysis of evidence and setting case strategies encompassing both technical and commercial considerations, obtaining and drafting pleadings, witness statements and letters of response, conducting (telephone) negotiation of claims, preparing detailed counter schedules, sound file management – to include consistent and accurate: billing; management of WIP and file closures; updating Management Information.
• Participating in marketing and client training events where necessary.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
• Previous experience of dealing with Motor claims (either pre-litigation or litigated) is necessary.
• Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would also be an advantage.
• Excellent commercial awareness and an interest in broader business issues.
• This individual will be expected to be able to identify market trends, to provide commercially rounded advice to clients and view things from a business perspective.
• Flexible with an ability to adapt to rapid change, both internally and in the context of clients' businesses.
• Team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particular in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team.
Our Claims Solutions Group advises insurers, self insured and corporate clients in their defence of claims relating to fatal accidents, catastrophic injuries, rehabilitation, employer liability, product liability, sports injuries, aviation injuries, occupational stress, repetitive strain, occupational cancers, new diseases, noise- induced hearing loss, safety, health and environment and severe road traffic accidents. Services cover both high value specialist claims and smaller, less complex ones.
An opportunity arises within our Motor Team for an experienced negotiator to join a dynamic team. The candidate will be expected to directly handle a portfolio of litigated claims to include MOJ, Small Claims Track and Fast Track matters from inception to conclusion for a number of leading Motor Insurers.