We are looking to strengthen our Clinical Risk team in Leeds and currently we have an opportunity for a Paralegal with experience in this field. This role presents an excellent opportunity for ambitious and commercially minded individual to join a progressive and highly specialised team.
• Assisting on an interesting and high value caseload of pre-lit and litigated defendant clinical negligence claims on behalf of the NHS Resolution and NHS Trusts. This will involve a wide range of task based work, including instructing experts and counsel, liaising with witnesses, arranging conferences, drafting documents, undertaking research and dealing with disclosure issues. There will also be opportunities to attend conferences and hearings with counsel.
• Acting as first and primary point of contact for clients on a day to day basis.
• Adhering closely to client protocol and process, using our bespoke case management system.
• Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
• Paralegals with substantial and in-depth defendant clinical negligence experience
• Paralegals with experience in defendant personal injury or claimant clinical negligence will also be considered
• Strong commercial understanding of the NHS and their business drivers, including knowledge of and ability to deliver against protocols and KPIs.
• Strong technical skill and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client- focused.
• Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues building up strong relationships.
About the firm
With over 2,400 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.