About the role
CMS are looking for a Paralegal to provide a professional support service to the Infrastructure, Construction and Energy (ICE) Disputes team. The ICE Disputes team specialises in all forms of dispute management, avoidance and resolution in respect of all matters concerning the built environment, from multi-million pound international arbitrations to fast-paced adjudications. The team is currently ranked as Tier 1 in the Legal 500 and is consistently ranked in the Global Arbitration Review as one of the world’s busiest internal arbitration practices in the energy sphere.
You will be supporting on a specific dispute in the first instance, but with the potential to extend to other cases.
Tasks will include:
- Assisting with disclosure processes, including reviewing documents and using online document review platforms (such as Relativity).
- Checking and collating documents.
- Assisting with the preparation of bundles (for the team and for Court/Arbitral hearings).
- Legal research.
This is a 6 months fixed term contract
- A degree in Law or Business Law (having completed the LPC or BVC will be an advantage but is not essential).
- Previous paralegal experience in an office or legal environment would be beneficial.
- Experience of disclosure or the preparation of hearing bundles would be an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, challenging environment to tight deadlines.
- Organised, disciplined and thorough with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with internal team members, barristers and clients.