Based in London with offices in New York, Mishcon de Reya services an international community of clients and provides advice in situations where the constraints of geography often do not apply. The work we undertake is cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex.
Our clients are dynamic and sophisticated and we reflect that in our belief in challenging the conventional or accepted ways of working. We like to solve problems quickly. We fiercely guard our clients’ interests, recognising the significant nexus between business affairs and personal affairs and the ways in which this affects our clients.
Our overall aim is to provide our clients with the highest quality legal and non-legal services, delivering cost effective solutions, in an efficient, professional and business-like manner. In meeting this objective we aim to maximise our profitability and sustain our future growth.
The Risk and Compliance team at Mishcon is no different. We work in collaboration with the business to ensure best practice across the Firm, effectively managing all aspects of the regulation surrounding the efficient running of our Firm.
This role will for 6 months fixed term contract and will predominately support the CDD & Conflicts team as well as the Best Practice Partner, the General Counsel/COLP and the Senior Risk & Compliance Managers more generally.
- Researching and assisting with conducting conflict checks for all new and existing clients and client matters across the Firm.
- Where required, escalate complex conflicts issues to the Risk and Compliance Analysts and Manager for resolution.
- Ensure that all conflicts are managed in a timely and efficient manner.
Client Due Diligence (CDD)
- Assist with gathering of CDD documentation.
- Work with the Risk and Compliance Analysts and Managers to conduct searches and analysis related to CDD.
- Ensure that all CDD enquiries are managed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Where required, escalate complex CDDL issues to the Risk and Compliance Analysts and Manager for resolution.
- Maintain the CDD documentation and system on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all records, both paper and electronic, are filed and maintained to a high standard.
- Assisting in opening and maintaining client/matter files.
- Provide general administrative support to the team.
- Assisting with SARs (Subject Access Requests)
- Drafting simple letters.
- Document review, as required.
- Liaising with fee earners and staff in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Regularly, frequently and accurately maintaining and update correspondence and other filing.
- Maintaining confidentiality in respect of those matters which are commercially sensitive or secret and only share them with colleagues and others on a need to know basis who are themselves bound by an obligation of confidentiality.
- Setting up, uploading documents onto and managing virtual data site.
- Liaising with other departments where required.
- Photocopying, faxing and filing.
- To work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ideally LPC qualified or equivalent.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Adaptable and flexible approach.
- Pro-active and takes initiative.
- Proficiency in MS Packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer. Experience with Document Management Systems is an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to effectively manage own workload
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Pro-active and takes initiative