The delivery of high end legal services is becoming more complex and sophisticated. This is being driven by new ways of structuring teams, the use of new disciplines like legal project management and the use of new technology. Within Norton Rose Fulbright, these changes are being introduced as part of the NRF Transform Program.
Historically, law firm Partners were expected to be experts both in their field of law, and the optimal “delivery” of legal services. The changes summarised above mean this is no longer always possible. At the same time it is becoming more important. In winning work and adding value, how we can deliver services is now increasingly as important as the content of our legal expertise.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager to join our growing LPM capability.
The LPM function is being drawn into a central team in order to provide better support for client engagements, scoping for commercial proposals, framework development and LPM tool support. The role will be engaged on specific engagements as well as provide internal style consultancy advice across the EMEA business.
This role reports directly to the Head of Legal Project Manager and forms part of the wider NRF Transform team which comprises: pricing, resource management, technology, LPM and client engagement.
The main focus of the team is to support the partners in setting up and managing the delivery of their transactions as well as providing strategic input at a client level. The role is both business and client facing and will therefore require frequent contact with key stakeholders, senior colleagues and clients.
This role provides a great opportunity to drive change in the delivery of our legal services, work alongside our process and technology experts, and develop new and better ways of working.
The detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting lawyers in developing scope, budgets, process maps and transaction delivery plans for new and existing legal matters
- Developing client and matter specific documentation and reports
- Consolidating and analyzing financial reporting and project metrics
- Monitoring and tracking legal team activities and providing on-going updates to ensure that legal mandates meet Firm standards and exceed client expectations
- Identifying, managing and mitigating risks on legal matters
- Implementing and managing portfolio client and matter specific internal and external reporting
- Liaising with clients, lawyers, the NRF Transform team and other business support professionals to deliver matters on time and within budget
- Assisting on other special projects as needed
Skills and Experience Required
- Educated to a degree level
- LPM experience preferable, alternatively expertise working in a similar capacity in a professional services firm or as a practicing lawyer or paralegal
- PRINCE2, APM, Six Sigma, certification or comparable experience is desirable
- Advanced MS Excel, good analytical skills and the ability to manipulate and work with large amounts of data
- Visio knowledge a plus
- Ability to learn new applications quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with and influence senior stakeholders - comfortable working with and leading teams of partners, associates and other legal personnel
- Ability to explain complex financial information to non-finance personnel
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively in a fast paced environment
- A self-starter and have the ability to multi-task – proven forward planning skills and the ability to manage and prioritise workloads effectively
- High level of attention to detail and problem solver with a methodical and positive approach to resolving issues
- Positive, committed and prepared to use initiative and learn
- Ability to demonstrate interest and concern to meet the needs of internal and external clients